Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Math Calendar

I am a huge believer in math calendar! Through this daily routine, I can reinforce so many math concepts and vocabulary. I used to do calendar on a big white board, until last spring when I got my wonderful SmartBoard! Over the summer, I created calendar pages using the Smart Notebook software. Here is a peek at one of them that we recorded using Smart Recorder. The class helper does all of the writing with input from the rest of the class, (although when you watch the video, it seems like the writing appears by magic!)


This page is called "Big Number". We always read and write the calendar date as a big number to practice place value. Students are getting really good at reading and identifying the place value of numbers into the ten millions! Look for more recordings about other parts of calendar in the coming days.

1 comment: